Lithium Battery Case
OHES received a call from a person whose battery in their mobile phone had heated and expanded, meaning that the battery cover could not be replaced.
We advised that this is an indication that the battery had become damaged, leading to a release of gas which had caused the expansion of the casing.
We advised the caller not to directly handle the battery but to immediately place the mobile phone with the damaged battery in a metal and to place it outside until the reaction was complete. We also contacted the supplier of the phone to arrange for its collection from the property.